There are many ways we can foster resilience – doing a marathon, climbing a mountain, overcoming daily challenges. What if you can’t leave your house? Here are some ways you can foster your resilience in your everyday life.
- Identity your strengths by writing down something you are good at and something you’re proud of
- Notice what makes you feel relaxed, happy and supported
- Acknowledge your coping mechanism and strategies you put in place when things get tough
- Think back at how you faced and overcame challenges in the past
- Notice and foster kindness in yourself and others
- Give appreciation
- Practice gratitude
Practising these simple, yet profound skills on a daily basis will help you build your resilience, boost your confidence and get you to be better equipped to face the challenges in your life.
Author: Sarah Speziali, Chief Therapist at InsideOut
Date: 7th May, 2020